Cork proves just how beautiful environmentally friendly flooring can be. Able to mimic stone, leather, ceramic and metal, cork allows you do something just a bit different with a room while offering a plethora of benefits:
- Since trees aren’t cut down in order to harvest it, cork is recyclable and green friendly, earning the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council certification for forest management.)
- Cork has more give, making it easier to walk on, softer on the joints and has actually been proven to be better for your posture, all of which reduce fatigue.
- Cork’s built-in thermal insulating properties can generate energy savings, making them a truly economical choice.
- No longer confined to the brown and beige patterns previously offered, cork offerings have expanded to offer you choices in a range of colors and textures, the likes of which you have likely never seen.
- Cork floors are naturally stain resistant, scratch resistant and safer, thanks to their non-slippery surface.
- Cork is also extremely hygienic, hypo-allergenic, insect-resistant, sound-resistant, moisture-resistant and warm to the touch, making it a great choice for kids and barefoot-prone adults.
Planks are typically used for the glue-less floating floor option that locks together and can be placed over an existing floor.
Strips can mimic the look of hardwood or simply give you more design versatility, allowing you to alternate patterns.
Tiles are typically glued down and are still environmentally safe since there is no off-gassing and no VOCs in the adhesive which is a water-based contact adhesive. Tiles also give you design flexibility and can be more easily replaced if one is damaged.
Patterned styles go well beyond the typical wood-mottled style associated with cork and cover a range of colors and looks, including leather, metal, ceramic and stone. Today’s cork flooring can complement any style of decorating, giving your home a modern, urban style or a warmer, traditional feel as well as everything in between.
Within the more natural beige- and brown-hued cork flooring options, you can find a surprising selection of styles that range vastly in color, texture, look and feel.
If you’re looking for a splash of color for a room, cork can fit the bill. Cork is now available in a wide range of colors from relaxing grays and blues, vibrants reds, purples and oranges and more subdues tans and lighter shades. Custom colors are also available.